The MMI is a community hub in the heart of St. Agnes run by a small team of staff and volunteers. It is a registered not for profit charity and is used by local residents of all ages for a wide range of social activities including; yoga, Pilates, dance classes, art groups, writing groups, children’s and adult music and singing groups, photographic club and community film nights.
We have a regular market on the first Saturday of the month and throughout the year there are art and craft exhibitions.
Within the building we have a café, “Nourish” where a selection of hot and cold drinks along with delicious food and cakes are served.
Built in 1893 this is one of 4 institutes in Cornwall donated by J. Passmore Edwards. Institutes such as this were often set up by well meaning Victorian benefactors. They provided working people with libraries and rooms for meetings and lectures.